Challenge #1. Introduction & Recent Photo (this was taken this past Saturday night…me and PoopieDaddy)
Ok, Poopies….you guys know I like to torture myself. Remember last November when I participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)? It was crazy, yes. I was exhausted, yes. BUT, I did it and boy did it feel good! So this should be a piece of cake in comparison! What am I referring to? Like today’s title states: the 31 day blog challenge (and yes, I’m starting a day late due to technical difficulties).
So…I will be posting #1 & #2 today. Of course I will be blogging about other topics of importance throughout the month of July as well, but I thought as my 1 year anniversary approaches (yep, can you believe it? August will mark the 1 year anniversary of PoopieMommy!) I thought this would be the perfect time to participate in this challenge. Why? Because all 31 upcoming posts allow you to get to know me better and why I created this blog. PoopieMommy has become a huge part of my life and identity and it’s important to me to always remember why I’m doing it and will continue to do it.
INTRODUCTION & PHOTO: Well the pic above was taken a few days ago when me and PoopieHubs were in Chicago for my MIL’s 65th birthday party. For better or worse, that’s pretty much what ‘ole Poops here looks like. As for an intro? Well, I think you guys know by now that also, for better or worse, Poops keeps it real. Sounds cheesy perhaps, but it’s a blogging principle I refuse to compromise on or sacrifice when I write. As I’ve always said, too much of this “mommy business” is about perception and judgment, and I’ve always strived to make this blog a community of REAL people communicating with one another in a REAL way. My mission is not to hurt or offend anyone in sticking with this principle, but rather to hold strong to my firm belief that we really don’t help one another if we’re not honest each other.
#2: 20 FACTS ABOUT ME:
So, this is weird. I’ve actually never had to comprise a list of this nature before. 20 facts about me? Well….here goes:
1. I’m a Leo (and if you know me well and you know anything about horoscopes, this comes as absolutely no surprise)
2. If I love you, I love you hard. This also means, sometimes, when I’m hurt, I get hurt hard too.
3. I am hilarious. Yep, I said it. I crack myself up and nothing gives me more pleasure than making those around me laugh too. I am a huge fan of laughing ’til it hurts. (and then laughing even more)
4. I talk too much.
5. I don’t listen enough.
6. I struggle daily with the notion of faith and god. And as I get older I tend to understand less instead of more about religion.
7. I am very spiritual, however, drawing daily on alternative sources that bring me peace and calm and understanding of the ways of the universe.
8. I am crazy tough, but also crazy vulnerable. Yep, a major paradox. If you ever figure this one out, do let me know.
9. I love my kids, my husband and my dog more than anything in the world.
10. No one in the world drives me crazier than my kids, my husband and my dog.
11. I love writing. I write something every single day.
12. I love reading. I read something every single day.
13. I love dancing. I dance somewhere every single day (look for me in my car or down the produce aisle at the grocery)
14. I detest math. Always have, always will.
15. I like to do things that scare me. I wish I could do them more often in fact.
16. My big mouth has gotten me in trouble over the years.
17. My big mouth has also been instrumental in defending what is right and fair and just when others remained silent.
18. I have lived in Los Angeles, Tucson and Chicago, but St. Louis is truly home and though it took awhile to get used to, now I’m glad to be back.
19. I am a terrible sleeper, often getting less than 3 or 4 hours a night.
20. But when I do sleep, I’m a big dreamer. Actually, I’m a big dreamer when I’m awake too.
So there. Now you know a little bit more about me. Perhaps you might jot down a list of 20 facts about yourselves too and share them with us. I would love for you all to participate in this 31 Day Challenge right along with me. Post some of your personal facts/highlights in the comment section so we can learn more about each other. Nothing would thrill me more than to know what makes each of you tick. Surely, we have much in common besides the fact that we’re all Poopies! I’ll be back tomorrow with Challenge 3#!
Have you liked the PoopieMommy Facebook page yet? It only takes a second, click here:
Please please don’t forget to vote for me at www.topmommyblogs.com – just enter “poopie” in the search box. Thanks for all the votes so far!
Also, sign up to follow PoopieMommy on Twitter @MeredithJohns1 – i’m almost at 1000 followers! Get on there and Tweet it up with me!
And, finally, if you haven’t subscribed to my Parenting articles at Examiner, please do so. Just click on this link : http://www.examiner.com/article/healthy-family-treats-for-the-4th-of-july and then once you’re there you just click “subscribe” under my name. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!